Thursday, March 26, 2009

new moon in aries: gimp means lame walk but also fighting spirit

today, i watched the movie king gimp which follows a man named dan keplinger (who was also in attendance with is fiancee) who was born with cerebral palsy. it chronicles his life growing up with this condition and how he made it through childhood, high school, and college to become a painter and oscar-award winning film writer.

i realized how uncomfortable it is for me to watch people with disabilities; my neptune/dc conjunction has always made it very easy for me to slip into someone else's shoes and vicariously feel their pain, humiliation, joy, etc. watching this movie left me feeling so weak because i know that i could not handle the plight of having a disability. i would rather die than live through that- i'm just not that strong.

what a way to start the new aries moon cycle than to watch the king gimp. In Dan's words, "Most people think 'gimp' means someone with a lame walk. But 'gimp' also means a 'fighting spirit'." I'd like to celebrate all of the fighting spirits in this world that remind me of my thin-skin. what an inspiration on the 26th of march, 2009.

oh and it is probably important to mention that Chiron is currently conjunct my MC (Placidus), along with Neptune. hmmm... The woman who posts on Lucky Jupiter says that in her experience, Chiron is associated with disabilities.

No comments:

Search

Google