Friday, March 6, 2009

venus retrograde in action: the Abercrombie Chronicles: Part One

I FINALLY got the hat I've been searching for, which has eluded me for years. Yes, years. Here's how it all started:

Back in 2003-ish, my brother Taylor's friend Brandt came over to the crib wearing this waaay cool knit hat from Abercrombie. He accidentally left it at the house, so I wore it until he realized he'd left it and I begrudgingly had to give it back. From that day, I was determined to get one just like it.

Well, I did within a few months: I found and ordered it from ebay and got it for $24. I wore it for a good few months and then it disappeared! I have no idea what happened to it- it may have been thrown out when I moved out of my mom's house.

Years later (2007 or 2008-ish), I went into an Abercrombie store looking to buy a new one but was told by a sales person that they no longer carried that hat in the stores. I was crushed. But, I knew that trusty ebay wouldn't let me down. It took me a while and a couple of mistakes, which I will explain.

First, in early January of this year I found what I thought to be that hat and I bought it. I was so happy when it came but it looked a little off. No matter, I wore it like crazy and then, sadly, I lost that one too (I think I left it in Blockbuster- yes, I still go there for movies.) Not to be beaten, I found another one two weeks ago in February from another ebay seller and bought it again, different color. I just got it in the mail and was also very happy but it was then that I realized it wasn't the real one that I had loved and lost so long ago.

Well, today my friends I have triumphed. I FINALLY found the proper Abercrombie & Fitch Knit Beanie hat... and not one but 2 from 2 different sellers on ebay! I'm so excited to be reunited. I will make sure to have a picture of me taken with both hats once I get them and post them on facebook. And thanks Brandt :)

wrong hat #1 & #2
































proper hat #1 & #2







No comments:

Search

Google